Monday 20 April 2015

Review: Femme Fatale Reloaded (Pericolo #2) by Kirsty-Anne Still

****4 Stars****
 
 
 
I’m a little lost how to review this without giving away spoilers but I will try. We were left on a major cliffhanger in Femme Fatale and I was initially pleased to see that Amelia had survived that night but I won’t say if there were any casualties of that night as the author does a good job in keeping you guessing.
However I wasn’t pleased to find the new Amelia who we catch up with living under her Uncle’s watchful eye in Italy and soon learn that this is the worst kind of busman’s holiday for her as her Uncle has the job of reeling Amelia in and as the title suggests restoring her to the Femme Fatale persona. It would seem his training and the method being trained is brutal. And Amelia has grown angrier, distant, and disrespectful, and seems to have shut down emotionally following her breakdown that fateful night in her father’s study.
After Amelia is suddenly called back home, without any choice, she is thrown into a further spin to find Zane pledging to become part of The Dio Lavoro and she is expected to help in his initiation. Zane bears the brunt of Amelia’s new frosty personality and does all he can to win back Amelia but it never seems to go to plan. However as a working partnership they are great yet the atmosphere between them seems to have a negative effect on the jobs causing even more problems. And at the same time Amelia is trying to work out where she fits back in with her family as well as trying to work out her feelings for Zane.
The tailspin within the family caused by Amelia and her return home comes to a heartbreaking climax for all the family. However this gives them all the final push to stand up to The Dio Lavoro and we are once again left on a slightly less crucial cliffhanger as to how they will fare following their decisions and final confrontations, which I look forward to discovering.
This book killed me to read and while reading I honestly thought maybe the story wasn’t good enough or that something was missing but on reflection it was due to the emotions the book evoked for me. I was angry reading it, angry at Amelia for not getting out, angry at Zane for not getting her away, angry at them both for their stupid constant miscommunications, angry at them both for the ridiculous back and forth relationship, angry at her brothers, really angry at her father for putting her into the life and pushing her deeper, so angry at her father for never taking any responsibility, angry at Gio for just being Gio and really angry at him for his actions. Honestly that angry I had to keep putting the book down and come back to it as it was exhausting and my initial review was a little ranting at that but I realize that is all kudos to the author for evoking such emotion in me as a reader.
 
Blurb
 
Book two in the Pericolo Series.
This is a continuing story!

I used to be fearful. I used to be admired. I used to be the Femme Fatale.

Until I fell.

I fell from my status, from the pedestal I had been placed, and I fell in love.

And that’s where it all went wrong.

I once thrived on one motto – Don’t feel, don’t deviate, kill.

Now, I thrive on betrayal, a reminder never to trust my heart, and the need to be Femme Fatale Reloaded.

It’s time I got myself back to the place I most belong – a cherished, yearned for secret weapon.

However, when a ghost from my past walks into my life again, pledging to be an Abbiati, my life turns upside down all over again.

My biggest problem was never the kill, but the thrill of the chase. Apparently, love is the most dangerous game I can ever play, and my life is about to spiral out of control.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the author:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment