Thursday 5 January 2017

Review: Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1) by L.J. Shen

*****5 Stars*****


I am still trying to work out if I loved Vicious more than I loved Sparrow (One of LJ's other books) but I think they have equally out done each other in completely different ways!
You couldn't get more vicious than Vicious himself aka Baron Spencer. Complete and utter A Hole would be the only description you would give the male lead in this book. Do I feel bad for loving him by the end? No not one single bit which probably makes me more of an A than him for condoning his words and actions and going along for the ride. Before you judge on that though you would need to read for yourself because everything has a reason and Vicious certainly has his but the book won't divulge quickly and takes you along for the bumpy ride instead. Is this man capable of love? Maybe he is or maybe he isn't, you can decide that for yourself.
Emilia is however a very loving character as well as fiercely loyal to her family. Tending to a sick sister and paying her medical bills all whilst trying to hold down 2 jobs, but then Vicious strolls back into her life, 10 years after making her break up with her boyfriend (One of Vicious's friends) and leave town permanently. Can Emilia ever forgive that?
This book was more than I thought it would be, so much so I managed to read it in a couple of hours as my brain didn't want to disengage until the very end. I really can't wait until the next instalment I am hoping Dean gets his HEA or Rosie finds something worth living for although I suspect her story may be a sad one. Anyway well done LJ, well done!

Reviewed by Claire Lamb


Emilia


They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true. 
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. 
He is a brilliant lawyer. 
A skilled criminal. 
A beautiful liar. 
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover. 
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him. 

Vicious

She is a starving artist. 
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. 
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. 
She paid the price. 
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. 
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. 
So she hates me. Big fucking deal. 
She better get used to me.



Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/2icKhhT


No comments:

Post a Comment