Thursday 19 January 2017

Review: Loving Ruby (Riverstone Estate #2) by Roya Carmen

*****4.5 Stars*****


Loving Ruby is the second book in Roya Carmen's Riverstine series. It features Ruby, Amber's younger sister, introduced in book one. It can be read as a standalone, but I suggest reading in order for the full experience.
Ruby needs a job. When she sees an ad for an assistant to a famous writer, it seems perfect for her. She applies, but figures she has little to no chance landing the position. She's definitely intrigued by him and all of the rumors surrounding him which range from him being a wife killer to a vampire. She is shocked to be selected and even more shocked to find out just how gorgeous the mysterious and reclusive August Hyde is in person.
August has money, looks and writing fame, but has been hiding from the world for the last two years following a tragedy. With his increasing popularity, he knows he needs help with promotion and social media so he reluctantly hires an assistant. When Ruby shows up he is almost knocked over by his desire for her, a desire he is determined to ignore.
Ruby and August begin a complicated and frustrating battle of Hot and Cold. He is both drawn to her and desperate to keep her at arm's length. Despite his efforts, Ruby pushes back, trying to break through his defenses and soften his scarred and hard heart.
I very much enjoyed Ruby and August's romance. I loved Ruby's feisty personality. She was so perfect for August, who can't seem to find his way back after being shattered by tragedy. Watching Ruby slowly break through his defenses kept me transfixed. I enjoyed this even more than book one! Another well written story by the talented Carmen.

Reviewed by Rosemary Feil


A sinful boss secretary romance.


I’ve heard all the rumours: He killed his wife. He’s on house arrest. He’s a vampire. Yet still, when I get a job offer from the reclusive Mr. Hyde, I jump at the chance. Yes, I know I’m crazy. 

I’m cautious at first, but then I discover a beautiful, quirky man. I also see a tortured soul who lives in darkness. I know I should run, yet I can’t tear myself away. I want to discover all his secrets. I desperately want to help him. And when he draws me deeper into his strange little world, I want to stay.

Author’s Note: Loving Ruby contains explicit sexual scenes and some coarse language. It is Book 2 of The Riverstone series but can be enjoyed as a standalone. If one wants to read the entire series, it is best to read them in chronological order to avoid spoilers.





No comments:

Post a Comment