Sunday 29 January 2017

Review: Call Me Daddy by Jade West



****4.5 STARS****










Books that involve a D/l storyline are always a bit of an acquired taste. Not everyone enjoys reading about Daddy kink. I'll be the first to admit it is not one of my favorite kinks, but when done well, it makes for an interesting and steamy read. In Call Me Daddy, Jade West tries her hand at this more unconventional kink (which has definitely gained more popularity in indie erotica in the last year) and she does an excellent job. I think even people unfamiliar or hesitant about this particular kink may enjoy coming along for the ride with NIck and Laine.


Laine is eighteen and has never had a father figure in her life. On a terrible rainy night, she runs to Nick for help and he not only rescues her, but turns her life into something unexpected. She never even realized what exactly was missing until he helped her see her need for a 'Daddy.' Soon, she is learning things she never imagined and finding a peace she could have only previously dreamed of obtaining.


For Nick's part, Laine turns out to be everything he needs to put the pieces of his broken life back together. He is on the other side of a tragedy and struggling to find his way past it. When he sees this sweet young woman, he is instantly drawn to her and soon his role of white knight evolves into a Daddy figure that fills him with both satisfaction and a sense of doubt.


West does an excellent job of showing us both Nick and Laine's points of view. I enjoyed how we are slowly engulfed in this world of D/l just as the characters are. We experience their doubt and hesitancy and ultimately their acceptance of a desire and relationship that not only works well for them, but completes them in ways neither probably envisioned previously. She isn't afraid to in moments that stretch the kink and make it feel taboo, all while making it steamy and mostly comfortable enough for someone not necessarily familiar with this kink. Jade West always pens a book that pushes the erotic envelope and ups the steam and this book is not exception.






Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 








I want him to be my first.

I want him to be the one.

I want him to be my everything.




I didn’t expect to spend my eighteenth birthday stranded in the pouring rain with no way to make it home. 

I didn’t expect to be rescued from the worst night of my life by the most amazing man I’d ever seen.




His name is Nick, and he says he wants to take care of me, says he’ll look after me, says I don’t need to be alone anymore.




He treats me like a princess, like the fragile little girl he saved from the cold. 




But I like him… I like him like that. 

I’ve never liked anyone like that before…




And it’s weird, this thing we have… 

It’s like I can’t decide how we’re supposed to be… what we are… 

Until he says the words…




Call me Daddy.




No comments:

Post a Comment