Friday 28 August 2015

Review: Nobody's Fool (Willow Park #2) by Sarah Hegger

****4 Stars****
 
 
This book features Josh Hunter, Dr Richard Hunters brother who featured in book 1, and Holly Partridge. There is a history between the two, but I would hardly describe it as a romantic one. And because of an event that happened several years, Holly has a grudge to bare, but also needs Josh to help find her sister who has gone missing.
Just like the first book, we have a story that is completely endearing. It has a warm and fuzzy quality to it and the characters all leap out at you and for me, that is a credit to the author. This book does focus on the fact that Holly's sister is bipolar.
Personally I did find Holly very frustrating at times, with a very large chip on her shoulder when it came to Josh. It is clear she is trying to take on the world and care for her bipolar sister. Now whilst I don't know a great deal about the condition, it does appear to be beliveably written with the author either having first hand knowledge of the mental illness or has done a great amount of research.
What can I say about Josh? I loved him from the brief appearances in book 1, but I really did fall in love with him in this book. If I could describe my perfect guy, Josh would be it. He had the patience of a saint and from what was described, the body of a god.
I absolutely loved the dynamic between Holly and her three sisters. Definitely your typical sibling camaraderie. But what I found was that each sister had their own personality, which again is a credit to the authors writing. I did find that the story was more focused on Holly and her sisters rather than her and Josh, but by no means did that affect my overall enjoyment.
My only criticism was that occasionally names would be mentioned and at first it was unclear as to who they were, which often led me to thinking I'd actually missed something, but eventually all became clear.
I believe Thomas', the other Hunter brother's book, is next and I for one cannot wait.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
Synopsis
 
In Sarah Hegger's latest Willow Park Romance, long-held crushes and past frenemies reunite--and wonder if there's ever a second chance to make a good first impression. . .

Holly Partridge had no plans to return to Willow Park, Illinois, until her troubled younger sister Portia fled her home and aimed herself straight at Holly's high school nemesis--too-gorgeous-to-be-true Josh Hunter. Riding a manic bipolar high, Portia's only a danger to herself, but Holly needs to find her before she crashes. That means asking Josh for help.

The ultimate love 'em and leave 'em lothario, Josh was never good for anything but a broken heart. But now he's lending a hand when Holly needs it most--and revealing surprising generosity and compassion. Has Josh shed his bad boy ways? Or is Holly suddenly grown up enough to acknowledge her own mistakes? Trusting Josh could be a disaster--or the first step in banishing the past to make way for a future happier than Holly ever imagined. . .
  
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment