Friday 28 August 2015

Review: Labeled Love (Labeled Love #1) by Danielle Rocco

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
I am in love with this book, I am in love with Jace James. This is a beautiful coming of age, first love story that follows Shay and Jace from the sweet and innocent tween stage of life through to the complicated early adult stage. And it is an amazing debut book for Danielle Rocco. The story is really well paced to be able to see the development of the characters and their relationship without being too long or wordy.
Jace has a tragic life with an alcoholic possibly addict of a mother that is failing her son at every stage of his existence due to her own self loathing and bitterness. Despite his upbringing and surroundings Jace is a lovely kid determined to find a way out of the life he has. He finds solace at a local community centre, along with food, and during a game of football he encounters Shay and his life is given a new path.
Shay has a privileged life and though she wants for nothing her very grounded parents, that have worked hard for all they have, ensure that she and her siblings have an understanding of how fortunate they are. As such Shay accompanies her Mom to volunteer at the community centre in a rough area of L.A., where she meets Jace. I loved Shay's family and her parents were lovely in their support of her and Jace despite his background.
This chance meeting brings these two kids from completely opposite sides of the track together and it is lovely to watch their friendship blossom into a loving relationship as they fight against the differences that could tear them apart. I loved how Jace used real simple ways to show his feelings for Shay, how proud he was despite his background to make his own way without taking from her and how they found their own place to just be as one together. He really developed into quite a gentleman, but Jace has a flaw in his temper and sadly that is to be his downfall. It was so hard to read the self doubt Jace felt when he saw Shay in her own environment.
Just as you think these two are going to make it as they work out a path for them to be together as adults jealousy rears its head tearing the dream apart. All the while reading I kept waiting for something to tear them apart and the author timed this hiccup so well that I really thought I was wrong and we was heading for a HEA. I was heartbroken at the ending dealt to Shay and Jace in this book and I am now anxiously awaiting the next book to see how they fare through such a difficult time.
 
Reviewed by Vikki Ryan
 
Synopsis
 
I was twelve years old when I met him. I guess you could say opposites attract. We didn’t know it then. Or maybe we did, but we didn’t care. It’s not easy growing up in Los Angeles. Well, for me it was. But, not for him.

I’m a Hollywood girl born and raised in the business.
I have everything I’ve ever needed
and only wanted him.

Is it possible to find your forever love when you’re thirteen? Maybe not for most, but I did.
I’m just a boy raised in the pits of Los Angeles.
I have nothing
and only ever wanted her.

Worlds apart
Miles away

It would only be her
It would only be him

Labels never defined us
But will they tear us apart.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment