Wednesday 19 August 2015

Review: Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
My initial thoughts about this book and Chance in particular, was that he certainly lived up to the books title. He was cocky in every way, but immediately likeable. An all round cheeky chap. Aubrey was his complete opposite to begin with and it's not that I disliked her at all, but she definitely needed to pull that stick out of her behind and who better to do that than the insanely sexy Chance. The two had so much chemistry I believe there should be a space for Chance and Aubrey on the periodic table and the dialogue between them was often laugh out loud hilarious.
As is so often the case, it was clear from the start that Chance had an underlying issue preventing him and Aubrey from being together, but due to the story switching from Aubrey's point of view to his, part way through, his problem is revealed a lot sooner than I thought it would.
Knowing that this book had been written by two authors I was amazed that I couldn't define between their writing styles making for a seamless well flowing story.
This book had it all, even a goat (Yes you did just read that) and this made for an incredibly funny, emotional, unique, five star read.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
Synopsis
 
He was someone who belonged in my wildest fantasies instead of a rest stop in the middle of Nebraska.

A sexy, cocky, Australian named Chance was the last person I expected to run into on my cross-country drive.

When my car broke down, we made a deal. Next thing I knew, we were traveling together, spending sexually-tense nights in hotels and taking unplanned detours.

My ordinary road trip turned into the adventure of a lifetime. It was all fun and games until things got intense.

I wanted him, but Chance wouldn’t make a move. I thought he wanted me too, but something was holding him back.

I wasn’t supposed to fall for the cocky bastard, especially when I knew we’d be going our separate ways.

All good things must come to an end, right?

Except our ending was one I didn’t see coming.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Authors:


No comments:

Post a Comment