Thursday 26 March 2015

Review: Playing With Temptation by Erika Wilde

***3 Stars***
 


I have to say this book needed so much more. The story itself did not keep me captivated.
The sex scenes were what saved this book for me. They were incredibly hot and for readers who are looking for just that, then this may be a book for you.
I like a book to have characters that have depth so they jump out at you, but I'm afraid to say that the personalities of these characters did not set themselves apart from each other. Raina and her friends had no quirks or traits to differentiate them and if I'm honest, Logan was just so perfect, he didn't interest me beyond his hot looks and body. He said all the right things and quite frankly, I just wanted him to have a flaw, something that made him seem real. It does mention Logans past, but I never got a sense that he was greatly affected by it.
The story itself features a stalker, who we don't get to discover until much later in the book, but I felt that this would have been a good opportunity to add some grit, however I seemed that for much of the story this wasn't even mentioned and more focus was placed on the fact that Raina had serious hang ups about the way people perceived her working in the Adult Toy industry, so much so I spent much of my time questioning my own sanity as I screamed "Get a grip woman, this is the 21st century."
Like I said, there were some great sex scenes and the book itself was well written, I just wanted more. 
 
 
Blurb:
 
 
TEMPTATION HAS NEVER BEEN SO HOT . . .
When Raina Beck is given an invitation to The Players Club, all she wants is a night of decadence with a gorgeous, sexy stranger. The seductive, mysterious man she meets fulfills her deepest desires and most erotic fantasies, giving her a night she’ll never forget. But forgetting him isn’t quite so easy.
Logan Cruz prefers his women submissive and compliant in the bedroom . . . everything the independent Raina is not. Yet from the first moment he lays eyes on her, he’s determined to make Raina his. Despite her resistance. When Logan is assigned to protect Raina from a stalker, everything between them changes. Sex becomes more than just physical, and emotions run deep. Falling in love was never on Raina’s agenda, but can she let go of the past and surrender the one thing he wants the most . . . her heart?
 
 
 
 
Connect with the author:

No comments:

Post a Comment