Saturday 21 March 2015

Review: The Days Between by Tori Lync

****4 Stars****

 

I can't stop thinking about this book. It's left me with a feelin. What feeling? I do not know, because quite honestly I've never read a book like it.
First of all this is an incredibly short, stand alone read and that there lies the problem, because I feel with more content this book would have been amazing.
This was a story of betrayal, and also two people who have an intense connection, but due to one thing and another were never able to strike up a full relationship. The story spans several years and this is where I feel a full novel would have been more beneficial because at times I felt like I was constantly missing something. For example, one minute they were having dinner and the next chapter is one year later.
I'm not really sure what to make of the characters, because to be honest I didn't get the time to become familiar with them and parts which really should have had me in tears, didn't have that effect. But the book has left me with something unexplainable and the fact that it was well written and 24 hours later is still in my thoughts then I can only reach the conclusion that i really enjoyed it.
 

Blurb:

 
What if the one who got away, didn’t?
Star-crossed love happened to other people or in the movies. At least that's what I thought.
Until he walked back into my life.
He'd come back at all the wrong times, each one making me wonder about my decisions. Then--like always--our lives spiraled apart until we crashed back together at another intersection years later.
Bad timing.
Again and again. Neither of us free to explore the passion that simmered between us.
Until this time. This time, I wasn't letting him go, consequences be damned.
"We'd been here a thousand times together but not for a decade. Back in the beginning, this had been the one place where I'd let our touches and caresses slip past our solid friendship, where I'd dropped all boundaries and exposed my truth to him. On the dance floor we'd been lovers for all time and we stepped back into the past like we hadn't lost a single moment."

Buy Links: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Days-Between-Tori-Lync-ebook/dp/B00TOZ9HEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426938255&sr=8-1&keywords=Tori+Lync

http://www.amazon.com/Days-Between-Tori-Lync-ebook/dp/B00TOZ9HEM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1426938264&sr=1-1&keywords=Tori+Lync

Connect with the author: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13534714.Tori_V_Lync?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment